December 2, 2017
The Indonesian Regional Science Association (IRSA) in collaboration with Sebelas Maret University invite scholars, practitioners, and students to submit papers to be presented in the 14th IRSA International Conference. The theme of the conference is Strengthening Regional and Local Economy, and it will be held in Surakarta – also known as Solo, Central Java on 23-24 July 2018.
Potential topics to be discussed in the conference include, but not limited to:
- Local business (including MSMEs) development and competitiveness,
- Improving the effectiveness of regional growth centres,
- Local government innovation, governance and business climate,
- Green growth framework for local development,
- Regional standard minimum services across Indonesia,
- Local infrastructure, basic utilities and city management,
- The role of village funds in developing physical and social infrastructure to enhance rural and periphery economy,
- Local government budget and its impact on economy growth, human capital development, poverty alleviation and inequality,
- Income inequalities and regional disparities,
- Decentralization and sustainability,
- Trade and regional development,
- Macro and financial policies and local development.
Extended paper abstract of about 250-500 words should be submitted online via http://surakarta2018.irsa.or.id/abstract-submission/ by 1 April 2018.
Abstract should consist of background, data and methodology, potential contributions, and keywords. Abstracts must be submitted in English, as also the full paper.
Paper sessions are seminar-style for each paper and ample time for discussion and for participants to provide constructive feedback to authors. Paper presentations will be in English.