IRSA offers two levels of membership: membership of IRSA and universal membership of RSAI (Regional Science Association International).
Membership of IRSA
The requirements to become a member of IRSA are that you are a resident of Indonesia—having an Indonesian Residential Identification Card (KTP) or a proper permit to stay in Indonesia (KITAS or KITAP)—and have (at least once) attended (an) IRSA International Conferences or Institutes.
The main benefit of becoming an IRSA member is that you are eligible to become a Universal member of RSAI.
The main benefit of becoming IRSA member is that you are eligible to become a Universal member of RSAI.
Membership of RSAI
The cheapest way to become a member of RSAI is to obtain the Universal membership of RSAI. To become a member of RSAI, you have to annually:
- Pay the RSAI Universal membership fee as much as €2 (IDR. 35.000,-) to the following account:
Account name: PERKUMPULAN ILMU REGIONAL INDONESIAAccount Number: 0604467516Bank’s Name: Bank BNIBank’s Branch: UI DepokBank’s SWIFT Code (for Indonesians who are not in Indonesia): BNINIDJAUID
- Once you have sent us the RSAI Universal membership fee, please send proof of sending that fee, your name, institution, position in your institution and email address to email@example.com
We (IRSA) then register your information to RSAI as a group. The deadline to become a member of RSAI for the following year is November 15 of the previous year. The registration is processed only once a year on December 1. Once you are registered you will become a Universal member of RSAI for the following year.
RSAI Universal membership is only valid for a year and the benefits include:
- Right to vote for representation at the Council of the Regional Science Association International
- Eligibility for RSAI awards
- Discounted registration fees at conferences organized by RSAI, NARSC, ERSA, PRSCO, and RSAmericas
- RSAI newsletter
- Access to a worldwide network of 4500 regional scientists
- Complimentary electronic access to the two journals of RSAI, Papers in Regional Science, and Regional Science Policy and Practice. Access to these journals is possible through your RSAI member access portal.
- Complimentary electronic access to the following journals: Journal of Regional Science, Growth and Change, Geographical Analysis and International Journal of Urban and regional Research. Access to these journals is possible through your RSAI member access portal.